Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Little Insight

Sergey Brin, the creator of Google, said, “As we go forward, I hope we’re going to continue to use technology to make really big differences in how people live and work.” Over the past century, nearly every aspect of life has been positively affected by advanced technology and new inventions. Correspondingly, the culture and overall way of life has greatly benefited from these innovations. Along with the majority of society, I am extremely grateful for the numerous advances, and I am incredibly interested in the progress and the future. There are various topics in which I am interested, ranging from the sports world to the diverse world of medicine. Over the past few decades, every major league sport has been bombarded by the use of technology and changed the manner in which each game is played. Whether it is a negative or positive effect, each sport has altered nearly every aspect of the game due to this substantial technological progress. Seeing that health is one of the primary issues of the modern world, I am also interested in the updated vaccines, cures, and medicines that are continually being discovered. The aspect of innovation that intrigues me the most is the junction at which sports, technology, and medicine intertwine.

Since my plan is to major in exercise science and to later become a physical therapist, I enjoy researching and reporting technological issues in this genre and plan to design my blog around these ideals. I have been involved in sports my entire life and my most predominant hobby is watching and researching athletic activities. Over the years, I have witnessed first-hand the takeover of technology in sports and I am extremely excited about researching the matter in more detail. Advanced technology plays a vital role in modern day sports and has both positive and negative effects on the game. Every sport, besides baseball, now incorporates a high definition instant replay system that takes the responsibility of getting nearly every call correct. Also, athletes have become so fascinated with technology that taking steroids and growth supplements have become the normal way of reaching a higher level of success. However, does technology such as instant replay and supplements truly assist the manner in which sports are plays, or does it completely eliminate the humanistic element that sports were originally designed around? Another aspect of advanced technology that intrigues me is the intersection of sports and medicine. I am truly excited about researching and reporting concussions, broken bones, torn ligaments, and other major injuries, as well as the advanced manner of treating the injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment